How to Adjust the Stroke on you BP-60 Rivet Nut Tool
1. Make sure the anvil is all the way down, exposing as much of the mandrel as possible.
2. On the top of the tool is a +/- gauge that determines the amount of stroke the tool will apply.
3. Get the tool to 0 stroke and work your way up to the desired stroke.
4. Plug the tool in, and pull the trigger all the way back to what stroke the tool is currently set to.
5. Turn the gauge to 0 – the tool does not move at all when it is at 0 stroke.
6. Turn the adjustment knob toward the + direction to reach the desired stroke.
7. Try the insert by pulling the trigger half-way and release.
Note: The BP-60 Rivet Nut Tool can pull inserts from 3mm, all the way up to 12mm. When you are working with tools that have smaller mandrels, the mandrels can break if the stroke is not set right. Furthermore, double stroking can easily break mandrels so please avoid doing so.